[lbo-talk] Egyptian ref passing passing with close to 100% support

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:31:55 PST 2014

I'm sure it was also. The rigging of the Morsi election was a bit more subtle and did not require banning people from voting. It was the standard rigging that happens in any first-past-the-post election with more than two candidates, plus holding an election too soon, so that the revolutionary forces had no time to organize leaving the people with a choice between the military and the Brotherhood. And incidentally, the same people rigged it who rigged this election - the military.I continue to the think that those supporting the military will regret it in the long run. e The military are already arresting members of groups that are liberal or left, and have been since early after the coup The crackdown will get worse and will continue not be confined to Islamists. I doubt the military will prove a lesser evil in the long run.