[lbo-talk] Beyond Growth or Beyond Capitalism?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 17 12:34:48 PST 2014

Well, people need to be engaged in creating their lives, and that involves work.

I don't know that I'd call that "full employment," but still, work is a real issue.

========

Full Employment has nothing to do with work or the need for work. It makes sense only on the irrational basis that isolated inndividuals must labor or starve.

Production does not depend on everyone being engaged in paid employment.

Prior to about 12000 BP no one worked, but people got along fine for some 200 thousand years.

Carrol