[lbo-talk] Query for trade unionists, labor activists, labor journalists and labor historians

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 17:44:53 PST 2014

I'm trying to gather examples of labor battles where management spends more to fight the union than it would cost to settle - though of course breaking or weakening a union has long term benefits. For example Group Health spent more on scabs to cover a 3 day nurses walkout some years ago than it would have cost to meet 100% of nurses demands. I'm looing for examples I can cite. So if your examples are from memory you need to tell me it is OK to quote your email and cite you as a source. If you have documents you can share or links that is even better.

Although this is for long term use, I happen to be writing an EU centric piece at the moment, so EU and especially UK examples would meet an immediate need. Though examples from all nations, especially from the USA will help a lot in the long term.

Thanks

Gar

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Solving the Climate Crisis web page: SolvingTheClimateCrisis.com Grist Blog: http://grist.org/author/gar-lipow/ Online technical reference: http://www.nohairshirts.com