[lbo-talk] Ukrainian responsibility for the mass murder

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Sat Jul 19 19:34:58 PDT 2014

On 20/07/2014, at 6:31 AM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> Basically, it's like this:
>
> The Ukrainian govt has admitted that it gave permission for the plane to fly over a war zone.
>
> So, we have the following possibilities:
>
> 1. The Ukies shot it down, false flag.
> 2. The Ukies shot it down, believing it to be Putin's plane.
> 3. The Separatists shot it down believing it to be a Ukie army plane.
>
> What is not credible/possible is that the Separatists shot it down believing it to be a commercial flight because it is directly contrary to their interest and because they have not shown any like example of stupidity so far.
>
> Joanna

Of course the ukrainian government was at best incompetent to have allowed commercial flights over a war zone where planes were being shot down. But so was Malaysian airlines for accepting that it was safe to fly an air corridor over a war zone when most airlines had the common sense to detour. The airline will probably not survive the error, hard to imagine many will want to risk their life with people as careless as them ever again. (Given it was only a few months ago they simply misplaced an entire plane with all its passengers and haven't been able to find any trace of it to this day.)

Most likely the separatists shot it down. The question then is, where did they get the weapons. Did they capture them from the Ukrainian government, or were they given them by Russia. If the latter, then Russia does indeed bear the responsibility for the use their military aid was put. Just as the US government is responsible for the slaughter carried out in Gaza by their client state Israel, so Russia is to blame for whatever their clients do with the grown-up weapons system they give them.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell tas