[lbo-talk] wealth is not a zero sum game

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 09:29:11 PDT 2014

1. Exploitation is exploitation whether wealth is zero sum or not.

2. But if it's a war of cliches, you can always try "You mean trees can grow to the sky?"

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- I'm mostly not very confident of my grasp of left criticism of the economy and yet am a long time subscriber here, happily gleaning what I can glean.

I'm in a conversation right now where I'm being hit with "wealth is not a zero sum game." Because I had a superficial understanding of it at first I did a teeny bit of googling and found it is a major talking point with apologists all over.

My point in the conversation is basically that our current system is incredibly exploitative both of natural resources and labor. They repeat the wealth is not a zero sum game. Is this just wrong, a red herring?? any pointers. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk