[lbo-talk] The pressure on Russia to settle

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 15 07:49:31 PDT 2014

On Mar 15, 2014, at 10:25 AM, JOANNA A. wrote:

> My chat buddy in Moscow who is a bond trader tells me that everybody
> has already gotten their money stowed away pretty much.
>
> But what is delightful about the whole business is that the U.S. is
> now about to "discover" that Russian oligarchs made their money by
> stealing.
>
> Who'd have thunk it?

One question being scrupulously unasked by all the MSM: how much Russian debt is on the balance sheets of European--especially German-- banks? That censorship seems to be in effect because the likelihood of default is directly--maybe even disproportionally--proportional to the severity of sanctions. One big failure might even have the effect of a nuclear bomb under the Euro-American financial system. Anybody here remember Kreditanstalt Verein? One would hope that there are people in power who do!

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire, kindling in measures and going out in measures.

Herakleitos of Ephesos