[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Syriza's Tsipras offers reassurances

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Nov 7 07:36:57 PST 2014

I agree with you that bourgeois democracy is a major obstacle to quick, decisive, revolutionary change.

On the other hand, it makes smaller reforms a lot easier, and it makes bigger reforms, although slower, more stable.

On net, I prefer bourgeois democracy.

As Eugene Debs said (from memory): "I would not lead you into the promised land, because if I could lead you into it, someone else could lead you out of it."

Robert Naiman Policy Director Just Foreign Policy www.justforeignpolicy.org naiman at justforeignpolicy.org (202) 448-2898 x1