[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Police murders, a la Ferguson: Trends?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Nov 29 05:24:09 PST 2014

On 11/28/14, 10:26 PM, michael yates wrote:
> May be of help.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States,_August_2014
> http://gawker.com/what-ive-learned-from-two-years-collecting-data-on-poli-1625472836

Fascinating. Thanks. The second link led to a very praiseworthy project which I should think we'd all want to support, one way or another.

Perhaps it's an artifact of incomplete data, but it looks like the rate simmered along at a pretty constant level until 2011, when it really took off.

-- You have heretofore read public sentiment in your newspapers, that live by falsehood and excitement; and the quicker you seek for truth in other quarters, the better. -- W T Sherman