[lbo-talk] Documented pattern of govt/elite front groups

Louis Trager ltrager at sonic.net
Wed Oct 1 10:01:46 PDT 2014

Dozens of elite national "citizens committees" on public affairs have been documented, individually, by reputable scholars and journalists to have collaborated secretly with the presidential administration of the day, whether Democratic or Republican. Most of the most important committees were initiated by leaders of corporate organizations such as the Council on Foreign Relations and the Committee for Economic Development.

I have an article -- hnn.us/article/156791 -- that contends these citizens committees were instrumental in helping form and maintain the liberal-moderate consensus across U.S. politics and society from the 1940s through most of the '60s. And it explains why the record is as incompatible with conspiracy theories as with conventional pluralist models. I'd be delighted for you to comment online or privately, and to share the link.