[lbo-talk] best comment on our "press Turkey to save Kobane" petition so far

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Oct 12 09:14:29 PDT 2014

> - Obama: Press Turkey to Stop Massacre of Syrian Kurds

I'm completely baffled by this. How could anyone imagine that the Turks would ever lift a finger to help the Kurds? They're a good deal more likely to do the opposite.

I presume Obama must know this, and his exhortations to the Turks have some other purpose than their stated goal. But I have the sense that many people signing onto this bandwagon don't understand who's on what team in the region.