[lbo-talk] David Graeber on the Kurdish struggle

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 03:30:13 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

C'mon Joe, David is not the enemy. And the fact that it has come to this
> shows that something is seriously wrong.

He's not the enemy, but when he uses his lofty perch to falsely smear people as "rape culture apologists" and the like, he can't realistically expect to get away with acting like none of it ever happened a few months later.

If he wants to be treated like a decent person, then he should act like one and start offering some serious apologies. Not to me, mind you, but to a great many others.

Until then, I think it's perfectly reasonable to say: fuck that guy. I'm willing to consider his facts and analysis, or my worst enemy's for that matter, but considering his recent behavior, any sermonizing is a bit much.