[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Growing support among Iraqi Kurds for PKK and PYD

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sat Oct 18 07:47:09 PDT 2014

This is a strikingly great article, in the sense that it shows you not only that the PKK fighters are now viewed as heroes by many Kurds who did not view them so before because of their recent role in saving Kurdish civilians from ISIS, but also shows you why many Kurds have perfectly legitimate reasons to fear rule by the PKK. This is outstanding journalism of a type that we often don't get to see, presenting a nuanced picture that is more complicated than good guys and bad guys.

Robert Naiman Policy Director Just Foreign Policy www.justforeignpolicy.org naiman at justforeignpolicy.org (202) 448-2898 x1