[lbo-talk] Victory! Turks say they're helping Kurdish fighters reach Kobane

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Oct 20 07:53:04 PDT 2014

I reckon that if we've had discussion on these wires of a MoveOn petition, and if subsequently reality changes sufficiently to allow claiming victory on the petition, then a new thread is justified for the victory lap and spiking the ball in the endzone. (Isn't it fun to use sports metaphors when you know nothing about sports at all?)

AP: Turkey helping Kurdish fighters cross into Kobani http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/after-arms-drop-us-coalition-strikes-is-group/2014/10/20/e49d466e-583f-11e4-9d6c-756a229d8b18_story.html

BBC: Islamic State: Turkey to let Iraq Kurds join Kobane fight http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29685830

With two distinct MSM reports, with the second citing Kurdish media, I figured it was safe to hang out the victory flag:

Obama: Press Turkey to Stop Massacre of Syrian Kurds http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/obama-press-turkey-to?source=c.em&r_by=1135580

===

Robert Naiman Policy Director Just Foreign Policy www.justforeignpolicy.org naiman at justforeignpolicy.org (202) 448-2898 x1