[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Israel moves closer to a single-state solution

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 08:10:32 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Marv Gandall <marvgand2 at gmail.com> wrote:

Contrary to the fears expressed by their liberal counterparts, these
> right-wing Zionists do not believe they will have to choose between
> demography and democracy; they’re convinced they can both grant formal
> citizenship rights to the West Bank Palestinians while retaining a Jewish
> majority in their realized vision of a Greater Israel spanning both banks
> of the Jordan River.

One small, insignificant quibble: These "liberals" are full advocates of institutional racism, in a way that has few equivalents anywhere near the political mainstreams of North America or Western Europe. As little as I think of our liberals, I'd still use scare quotes or something to set this brood apart from 'em.