[lbo-talk] Thursday in NYC: #NoNewNYPD Block Party at 1 Police Plaza

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 18:30:23 PDT 2015

(By way of shameless self-promotion, I wrote an article about this campaign recently: http://www.mintpressnews.com/holy-week-black-lives-matter-protests-target-nypd-funding/204231 - Joe)

Public · Festival · Hosted by Coalition To End Broken Windows

Thursday, April 30 at 6:00pm New York, New York

Come speak out and rock out with us at 1PP as we host a block party with music and politics. Representing the areas of the city whose culture is under daily attack by the NYPD, we'll bring street heat and beats into the belly of the beast.

We don't want more cops. Our cultures breathe life into this city. Broken Windows puts a chokehold on this culture and on our brothers and sisters. It's time to end this era of racist policing and give our communities resources.

Less cops, more music. Less cops, more teachers. Less cops, more justice.

http://on.fb.me/1Fpt0Ho