[lbo-talk] amazing painting

Joshua Morey amvojo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:25:44 PDT 2015

Greetings all: Since it's kinda slow, I thought I'd share this painting <https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153065076939033&set=gm.1025854034121796&type=1&theater> by a member of the Potowatomi Band in WI that recently showed up on my facebook newsfeed (it was posted to a community group page); the image has haunted me (in a good way) for a couple days. You might need a facebook account to view it, but it's worth the click if you have a spare moment. If you have an extra spare moment, the comment thread is rather interesting too - some of the liberals were disturbed, cried foul, reported the image to FB admin for indecency. A couple quick notes: the Ojibwa bands in WI have, quite seriously, described the Walker agenda as "cultural genocide", and the girl in the painting is wearing a jingle dress, which is worn for healing dances. Enjoy.

All the best, Joshua