[lbo-talk] The misuse of political movements for essentially religious ends

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:50:37 PST 2015

Do activists in other countries have to deal with this silliness of people trying to work out their personal issues of guilt and redemption through political movements?

https://twitter.com/ztsamudzi/status/679668107980349441

Or is it, as I suspect, a uniquely US malaise?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: a lot of activists, especially those into "ally" models, should just go to a damn church and leave others to actual struggle.