[lbo-talk] Reuters on the Biden-Ukraine connection

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 29 06:53:31 PST 2015

I would like to see the substance of this post restated without reference (explicit or implicit) to anyone's "derangement." As written it meshes together two quite separate subject matters: (a) U.S.-Nato policy and (b) the source of error regarding such policy. As a result neither subject is clear.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of MM Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 10:09 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Reuters on the Biden-Ukraine connection

> On Dec 28, 2015, at 9:51 PM, Marv Gandall <marvgand2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh my. Frighteningly mentally deranged. I can live with either formulation or perhaps something between “orchestrating” and “attempting to control”.

Not frighteningly deranged; merely frighteningly common. It’s just a garden-variety kind of derangement, only frightening at scale.

There is no dark room somewhere where cigar-smoking billionaires plot their control of the world; rather, there are many such rooms, and they’re at war with each other, and against us. I’m convinced there’s some kind of erotic fantasy diplacement at play in the attributions to them of magical power in perpetrating their "NWO, regime-change” agenda; it’s hard to see why else it is seriously entertained by people who seem otherwise of basically sound mind. Sure, they all *want* to be puppet masters, but that’s precisely why none of them *can* be - why none of them can make the damn thing move in the direction they want: because they’re all constantly trying to grab the strings from each other.

Tragicomically, some of the freedom they enjoy to carry on this chaotic puppet show derives precisely from people’s adolescent fantasies that someone is firmly in control and “orchestrates” things. That belief is depoliticizing and immobilizing, in part because it absolves people of responsibility to try to understand and analyze that actual social forces in play (as opposed to fan-boying those wiley, glamorous elites - much easier to do since it involves little more than monitoring the wires) and in part because it invites stoic resignation in the face of their devious machinations, as they perpetrate their dark agenda with merciless and steely resolve, the bastards.