[lbo-talk] Republicans want recessions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 3 14:08:03 PST 2015

On Feb 3, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Marv Gandall <marvgand2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Democrats are supported by the urban masses, their activists drawn from the ranks of organized workers, blacks, Hispanics, and other national minorities, liberal intellectuals, feminists, gays, environmentalists, etc.

Increasingly the latter more than the former, as the party dropped its labor/social democratic side in favor of courting professional-managerial class suburbanites. Lily Geismer has a new book on the suburbanization of the DP and the origin of New Democrat politics; I interviewed her about it here:

http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html#S150115