[lbo-talk] the nonsense of public opinion

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Feb 27 09:08:05 PST 2015

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 10:12 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
>
> If a left were to emerge from such present activity as Black Lives Matter, Adjunct & public school teacher activity, etc, what sort of useful conversation would that Left encourage, both among its own activists and among wider circles.

Can't recall when Bad Subjects discussion list ended, but that end encouraged me to sub to LBO, Pen-l and LPs list. Seems that it's been a long time. But I recall a reply from Doug to a comment of mine. I had said that I believed winning the support of the police was critical, and Doug's reply was a one word exclamation that said that should never happen. (was that around Seattle timeframe) So I guess I have wondered if Doug had altered his stance re winning the police to the side of the people.

Anyway, it seems that the subject of subverting the police would be worthy of discussion among activists and wider circles.

martin