[lbo-talk] the nonsense of public opinion

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 22:15:23 PST 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:00 AM, MM <marxmail00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you think Marxist ideas are dead and buried you've evidently managed to
> remain uninformed not only about those ideas, but also about the surge of
> interest in them since the 2008 crash (see, e.g.,
> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jul/04/the-return-of-marxism).

Your evidence of a current surge is an article from three years ago?

In any event, I'm not speaking of Marxism as a whole (if there is one such coherent thing). I'm speaking of the version fawned over with religious fervor by the likes of yourself, who are typically detached from any sort of actual political struggle. Can I ask what you actually do with these ideas you imagine to be so valuable?

> And your snarky belligerence isn’t enough to compensate.

I'm not interested in debating who is and isn't more snarky, but you're the one who started chiding me like a grumpy old English professor for neglecting my Marxism.