[lbo-talk] On the dangers of faux statehood

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:32:45 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 4:48 AM, Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

Any drama is usually the responsibility of the traveller to deal with. Just
> because a country has given someone a travel document (or a passport, for
> that matter) doesn't mean they're going to interfere with another country's
> decision to refuse the person entry. It may happen in particularly
> exceptional cases, but not as a general rule.

I was thinking more about deportation. That's typically what Western governments keep in mind when considering visa applicants from impoverished war zone sorts of places. "If we let this person in, how easily can we hypothetically get rid of them?"

Am I badly mistaken in thinking that booting out someone with a Swedish travel document could go much more smoothly (and certainly no less) than a holder of a Palestinian passport?