[lbo-talk] [LOB Alum] Irony of ironies. In this 1998 post Justin...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 12 09:16:27 PDT 2015

(Note: I've only read fragments of text on lob-alum, as I discover them in achaos of blue links.)

I thought Justin's original post (as quoted ) was silly because _evn then_, in political rather than philosophical terms it was quite false to make the separation he did: "Mark's people" and "Yoshie's people" were not two separate groups: they were (again, politically) identical -- unless one thought of Marxism & Christianity as two TOEs. But such differences get dissolved in anti-capitalist political practice. The irony only exists for those who separate thought and practice, seeing "Thought" as an independent realm, existing prior to and independently of practice.

Carrol