[lbo-talk] Kill The Medallions

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed May 20 14:56:25 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 3:49 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yeah, but if the projected income stream is reduced, so to is the value of
> the capitalized asset. It's a perfectly rational downgrading.

I wonder what the income stream from a medallion is, and what proportion of the sale price it accounts for. I have no idea what the answer might be, and no idea where to find out.

-- Michael Smith

It is very easy for someone to be good at math; most of the time the kind of math that economists do would not impress a mathematician, but it is enough to impress people around them in the school of social sciences. -- Thomas Piketty