[lbo-talk] Cartoons, Economy, Editorial A Little Story About You, the Capitalist. (Capitalism Can’t Be “Less Greedy” – The Greed is Baked In)

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 06:25:24 PDT 2015

"Skewed News — More people lately are identifying capitalism as the underlying cause of our current global troubles and crises. That’s certainly positive: the first step toward cure is a proper diagnosis. But most of the approaches being offered to treat the problem are placebos, an endless supply of ineffective remedies to “fix” or reform it, to make it “less greedy.”

Getting the greed out of capitalism is impossible, and we’ll just waste precious time by trying. All capitalism’s problems are baked in, integral to the way it works. Capital must expand, buy up or destroy competitors, reach into every corner of society to try to squeeze money out of it. It naturally accumulates, concentrating wealth in the hands of the few at the expense of the many. That’s not a mistake. That’s what it does. There’s no other way it works. The problem isn’t extreme capitalism, corporate capitalism, or greedy capitalism. It’s just capitalism."

http://skewednews.net/index.php/2015/09/30/little-story-capitalist-capitalism-cant-less-greedy-greed-baked/