[lbo-talk] Marx : Not doubt thyself

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:24:03 PDT 2016

Why, then, was one of Marx's favorite mottoes, 'Doubt Everything'?

///

Not doubt thyself . Where does Marx , Engels or Lenin doubt themselves in a published work ? The classic Marxist texts are all in very certain and _authoritative_ voices, not as Engels calls it , shamefaced materialist self-doubt. Marx ruthlessly criticizes all that exists _in objective reality_not in his own subjectivity of his intellectual maturity. Hell Im older than Marx was when he died. I'm long past the youthful necessity to investigate a variety of philosophies , arts and sciences. I gave up philosophical agnosticism 35 years ago after subscribing to it in college for 15 years . Also, as a lawyer , Doctor of jurisprudence , I assume certainty of social theories all the time. Jurisprudence is the model for science. Scientists get "law" , their central concept from guess who ? LAWyers.

Sent from my iPhone