[lbo-talk] Alberta NDP/federal Liberals BFF

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:09:28 PDT 2016

More hard-headed realism from the new Alberta NDP government:

“NDP Premier Rachel Notley said in an interview she is no longer unreservedly opposed to the Northern Gateway pipeline, a reversal from her previous position that helps breathe new life into a $6.5-billion project many have written off as dead.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//news/national/alberta-bc-discuss-deal-to-swap-pipeline-for-electricity/article29702997/?nnw

Premier Notley’s stance drew enthusiastic praise from the new Liberal government in Ottawa. “We are very proud of the government of Alberta” said Environment Minister Catherine McKenna. “I think they have shown real leadership.” McKenna added that the Leap Manifesto which was adopted for further discussion by a majority of the delegates at the recent NDP convention was “not helpful” in the fight against climate change.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mckenna-ndp-leap-manifesto-1.3545955