[lbo-talk] guaranteed income question

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Wed Feb 10 18:45:08 PST 2016

On 07/02/2016, at 5:58 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 6, 2016, at 1:21 PM, JOANNA A. <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Under capitalism, wouldn't a guaranteed income have a tendency to inflate prices?
>
> No but it might cause the working class to develop an attitude problem.

That's the fundamental problem of course. Also the problem with full employment, damn lower classes get too uppity when the start felling more secure.

And its a real problem for capitalism, make no mistake. Plays havoc with profitability. I would expect that full employment would actually create a greater "attitude" problem than a guaranteed income though, so maybe its a lesser of two evils solution??

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas