[lbo-talk] Counterpunch goes Jihadi

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:32:17 PST 2016

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 12:29 PM, Carl G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> I quite agree.

So do I - about NATO encroachments harbouring the potential for a nuclear confrontation with Russia or China. But I don’t object to the left-wing Kurds in the YPD requesting and receiving air support and weapons from the US and its allies which have made a decisive difference against ISIS. As I wouldn’t have objected to the American, British, and French governments providing military aid to the Spanish Republic in the 30’s but, like others on the left, would have agitated for it. Admittedly, it can be a slippery slope, but so are all political decisions which are mainly about tactics which can either backfire or advance a struggle.