[lbo-talk] Jayati Ghosh on the contradictory effects of tech change

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Feb 15 11:10:33 PST 2016

Shane Mage writes:

> Capital never, ever, seeks to destroy government.

Not the parts it likes. But the other parts?

Tell me that Exxon loves the EPA.

Tell me that the AMA loves the FDA.

Tell me that Uber loves labor laws.

Tell me that Apple and Google love the IRS.

Tell me that Blackwater (or whatever it's called today) loves the armed forces.

Tell me that Goldman Sachs loves Elizabeth Warren.

Tell me about private prisons, highways, parking meters, water systems, trash collection ... these are public services that are being eaten up by "government-loving folks" ...

/jordan