[lbo-talk] Jayati Ghosh on the contradictory effects of tech change

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:39:35 PST 2016

" much like charter schools are signalling the end of public education."

I'm still pissed off at the way my post, some years ago (on the need to support teachers) was side-tracked by a slimy post consisting of the one line, "What about the kids" -- as though there were any chance for decent education (not to speak of working-class solidarity) if there were not huge public support for the interest of TEACHERS AS WORKERS.*

Carrol

*And that was regardless of whether many or most teachers were awake enough to know they had to struggle as a part of the working class.