[lbo-talk] FW: A Positive Program

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 6 18:06:58 PST 2016

Portside, "Terrorism and Trump: New Challenges for Social Justice Organizations," by Bob W. <https://portside.org/2016-01-04/terrorism-and-trump-new-challenges-social-j ustice-organizations>

This article from Portside disturbed me, especially because of the respect I have for Elbaum. It also caused me to browse in LBO posts in the week after 9/11, and I came upon this post, which triggered a thread of some 55 posts. I won't try to analyze or debate Elbaum & Wing here, but looking back 14 years, I would still affirm the essential correctness of my original post.- Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: Carrol Cox [mailto:cbcox at ilstu.edu] Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 5:15 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com; rad-green at lists.econ.utah.edu; leninist-international Subject: A Positive Program

1. No war. No bombs. No collateral damage. No sanctions.

2. Within those limits, let Bush do as he pleases.

Carrol

P.S. January 6 2016. I will risk the prediction that this is the correct response of U.S. leftists to any conceivable military action by the U.S. No Nuances. No Analysis of Details of the U.S. aggression (all U.S. military actions, or military actions by others supported by the U.S. are by definition aggressive and constitute a war crime.