[lbo-talk] The Declaration of Independence in American

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 21 16:02:51 PST 2016

You mean in real American "that cats and dogs can read"? :-)

(A line from Marianne Moore, quoted from memory)

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Marv Gandall Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:42 PM To: Pen-L Economics; LBO Subject: [lbo-talk] The Declaration of Independence in American

The satirist H.L. Mencken was an anti-democratic elitist, but when I follow the tinpot occupation of the Oregon wildlife refuge by the Bundy “militia”, or watch Sarah Palin’s over-the-top endorsement of Donald Trump in front of a audience of hapless and frightened US xenophobes, I can’t help but imagine these patriotic defenders of the Constitution reciting his Declaration of Independence “in American”. :)

http://biblioklept.org/2013/07/03/the-declaration-of-independence-in-american-h-l-mencken/