[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] The Sanders campaign

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:20:44 PST 2016

> On Jan 25, 2016, at 8:20 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
>
> We tried hard to inject ideas into the campaign but it didn't work. All the new contacts (Black and white) were too tied to the DP.

> There just aint no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

To be clear, I’m not arguing that the Sanders campaign is the right focus for organizing efforts; my point was that the only discussion worth having - to which you have made a useful contribution - is whether such opportunities have any potential at all, and if so how to go about using it in order to avoid wasting effort. I don’t think the conversation that would need to happen is likely to happen on this list, since it would need to be oriented to a specific local context and a specific group of people. I’m not willing to write off the campaign events wholesale as you seem willing to do, in part because of some political meetings I’ve been in myself in recent weeks, but I certainly feel a lot of sympathy with your skepticism.