[lbo-talk] "Brett and the politics of the fake orgasm"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Jul 2 20:38:27 PDT 2016

On Jul 2, 2016, at 1:40 PM, Eugene Coyle wrote:

> Brexit, Trump, fake orgasms and Yeats are covered in this Irish Times column by Fintan O’Toole.
> It is even better than the clever title.
> http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/fintan-o-toole-brexit-and-the-politics-of-the-fake-orgasm-1.2707398?utm_source=morning_digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_digest

When O'Toole quoted Chomsky "nonsense" sentence, "Colorless green thoughts sleep furiously," it struck me that, far from having no meaning, it was a precise description of the Chomsky/Hallé "political strategy": telling Green and Sanders voters determined to support Dr. Stein on the Green ticket against either the Clinton or the Trumpe-l'oeil that instead they should vote against her, and for the Clinton, wherever their votes might possibly have an impact on the election!

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire, kindling in measures and going out in measures.

Herakleitos of Ephesos