[lbo-talk] [pen-l] Brexit Breakdown

James Creegan turbulo at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 17:09:34 PDT 2016

Proyect: I thought you put a filter on your email to block my posts. It must have expired. Better reinstate it. I think sealing yourself off from views you dislike is far easier than coming up with insults to cover up for your utter inability to make counter-arguments. Maybe you can even use your enormous intellectual and moral authority to convince Mike Perelman to throw me off this list serve.

Others: I agree in general terms with the following "Open Letter" by Kouvelakis:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/07/brexit-referendum-remain-leave-corbyn-racism-xenophobia-greece-austerity-eu/

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> To: pen-l <pen-l at mail.csuchico.edu> Sent: Fri, Jul 8, 2016 4:23 pm Subject: Re: [pen-l] Brexit Breakdown

On 7/8/16 4:19 PM, 'James Creegan' via Progressive Economics wrote:
> This article by Lapavitsas is by far the most thorough and balanced
> piece I've yet read on Brexit:
>
> https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/07/brexit-eu-uk-referendum-leave-remain-labour-corbyn-immigration-ukip-tory-sovereignty/
>
> Jim

"When the queue at the accident and emergency section of a hospital or at a general practitioner’s surgery is hours long and half of it comprises migrants, the immediate reaction of many would be to blame migrants."

Especially if they smelled of garlic.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Progressive Economics" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pen-l+unsubscribe at mail.csuchico.edu. To post to this group, send email to pen-l at mail.csuchico.edu. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/mail.csuchico.edu/group/pen-l/. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/mail.csuchico.edu/d/msgid/pen-l/24b89ae3-8942-3934-1b44-bd79b8d5a5f3%40panix.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/mail.csuchico.edu/d/optout.