[lbo-talk] Sorry, Carrol Cox

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jun 5 11:17:54 PDT 2016

Yup. It was the second fight I referred to. I had intended to put the word "second" in but failed to do so, opening the way to misconstrual.

I remember the Louis Schmelling fight in a curious way. We were at my grandmothers and most of us were out on the front lawy. (I was 7 at the time.) Someone called from the front door that the fight was beginning. By the time I got in, the fight was over.

Carrol;

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Eugene Coyle Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2016 12:22 PM To: LBO; Pen-L Economics Subject: [lbo-talk] Sorry, Carrol Cox

Carrol mentioned a Lous-Conn fight of "1945?6?"

I quickly sent a correction — “1941”.

I’ve been corrected myself. There were two fights. The more famous fight was in 1941 before WWII. But there was a second fight after both got out of the military after the war.

I was smugly sure of myself because we as a family (and I probably slept through the fight) went to someone else’s house — someone with a good radio - - to listen. And subsequently moved house because of war related events.

Gene