[lbo-talk] Notley government ties itself up in knots defending fossil fuels

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 07:35:12 PDT 2016

A study earlier this year concluded that 90 per cent of the seismic activity in Alberta was directly linked to fracking or waste water disposal. Alberta’s NDP energy minister says “it’s not like we’re ignoring things…we want to wait to get the science going”, and the Notley government was accused of suppressing debate at the recent party convention in league with Alberta’s oil and gas industry.

http://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/06/13/news/did-alberta-new-democrats-stifle-debate-about-fracking