[lbo-talk] Conservative policy threat --Universal Basic Income

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 12:11:17 PST 2016

I have the sense that AGI has found favor among anarchists among others, while a Job Guarantee is supported by heterodox Modern Monetary theorists like Stephanie Kelton, who has been advising Sanders. Interestingly, however, I think that the Michael Albert/parecon is very much opposed to AGI. It takes our eye off the ball of how to organize production democratically. It seems to me that insofar as technology eliminates jobs, the government should employ labor to benefit society in other ways. That would seem to be what progress should be. But workers should be working less at wage labor as well. David Green