[lbo-talk] Clinton and Honduran Cuup Early 2010 video I'm looking for

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:46:48 PST 2016

A number of people, including our Doug Henwood have documented the role of Hillary Clinton in supporting the 2009 coup. However, there is a particular press conference I remember sometime in late 2009 or early 2010 that would I think capture that role nicely in 15 seconds. Shortly after the Nov 29 2009 rigged election which brought Lobo to power, Clinton as SOS was turning Latin American call on other states to recognize the coup government now that there had been a ""free and fair election" . But I especially remember her saying (I paraphrase from memory) "Honduran Democracy has been restored. There is no excuse not to recognize the Honduran government. So what are you waiting for?" As she said this, she gave this big wicked ggtcha grin, and more or less shook with laughter. She was gleeful and triumphant. I would love to track down that video or even the audio. (Her voice alone even without the picture conveys an almost demonic glee. ) With my various disabilities I'm having trouble finding it If anyone else is willing to put in the work it might be worth the effort. I''ll continue to look myself.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Solving the Climate Crisis web page: SolvingTheClimateCrisis.com Grist Blog: http://grist.org/author/gar-lipow/ Online technical reference: http://www.nohairshirts.com