[lbo-talk] Comparing the Labour Party and NDP commitments to a "balanced budget"

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 10:17:05 PDT 2016

I don't know if this is in the official program, but I know Corbyn has spoken in the past of a "people's QE" by which he means not QE at all, but deliberate creation of money to support social spending. This is indeed deficit neutral; given that inflation is too *low* in the UK, it is good fiscal policy as well.