[lbo-talk] Poem re Last member of Abraham Lincoln Brigade

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:01:48 PDT 2016

She did know Hank Rubin, who was a medic in the Brigade. (I may be spelling Rubin wrong - could be Reuben - problem with oral history). Hank and his wife were good friends to my mother. When she was kicked out of her uncle's home for being a communist at 16, they took her in and let he r live with them. Also knew Fred Keller, though not as well. I think Keller introduced Hemingway to the woman upon whom he based "Maria" in "For Whom the Bell Tolls"