[lbo-talk] Easter Rising Monday

James Creegan turbulo at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 11:49:32 PDT 2016

I don't know if I'd call Jimmy's Hall a masterpiece, and I certainly wouldn't call my Weekly Worker review definitive, but here it is, for what it's worth:

http://weeklyworker.co.uk/worker/1069/the-red-and-the-green/

Jim Creegan

I?ve just finished watching Ken Loach?s latest masterpiece, Jimmy?s Hall, on Netflix and this excellent Jacobin article marking the 100th anniversary of the Easter Rising in Ireland makes an excellent companion piece. The article places the rising in its historical context - the forces which shaped it and the consequences which flowed from it.