[lbo-talk] It was the best of generations and it was the worst

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:36:07 PDT 2016

Someone says: "Our grandparents, the Greatest generation, got rid of Hitler.....and our parents brought in Thatcher/Reagan. The Worst Generation

CB: Baby boomers also stopped the genocidal war in Viet Nam, Kampuchea, Laos, ended Jim CrowFASCISM ( US has open terrorist rule over a specially despised minority , Black People, of most reactionary sector of finance capital before Italy and Germany), and had Black People occupy major urban centers , won major gains for women's family rights, right to abortion, no fault divorce, abolish marital rape exception, almost won ERA; So, we have a contradictory record.

60's also had flowering of Chicano movement, Indigenous Peoples movement, environmental movement, youth political music , student movement .

So , we're hardly the worse generation. You'll have to make The Revolution to equal our accomplishments giggles.

Greatest generation's great achievement was the New Deal. The Red Army defeated Hitler; Yanks were junior partners.

The Greatest generation also started the Cold War and murdered the Communist Party. On balance this makes them OK , not so Great.