[lbo-talk] Opportunism of CommonDreams (et al)

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Sat Apr 22 21:50:06 PDT 2017

C'mon guys, you need to read with a little more generosity of spirit:

"(That headline described something new only because the strike officially targeted a Syrian government military site, while ignoring the not-so-new reality that the U.S. has been attacking alleged ISIS targets in Syria with drones, bombing raids, and special forces for almost three years.)... Of course, the U.S. has been at war in various combinations of Afghanistan and Iraq, Libya and Syria, Yemen, Somalia, and beyond since George W. Bush declared the global war on terror just after the 9/11 attacks of 2001. In some of these countries, the U.S. was at war even before that. But Trump’s actions represent major escalations in every one of those devastated nations."