[lbo-talk] [pen-l] China aims at electric car domination

Jean-Christophe Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 05:38:15 PDT 2017

> On Sep 13, 2017, at 21:27, Michael Meeropol <mameerop at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The Chinese people do not make decisions on national economic policy -- an elite does that --- understanding a problem is not the same as having the power to deal with it when it steps on powerful toes ...

Oops, sorry for the poor wording. I meant the "Chinese elite" of course. Since it is the elite that is pushing for electric cars and clean energy, not the "people".

So, back to the point, why do you think that the elite understands that pollution is a problem when it comes to cars and is aggressively pushing toward less emissions there, but not when it comes to power plants?

Jean-Christophe