Need info on Bell Atlantic

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Wed Aug 5 22:34:02 PDT 1998

Can anyone out there on these lists who knows something about what he's asking possibly help out my friend Carmelo Ruiz who, as a journalist at the Puerto Rican leftist newspaper, "La Claridad", is on the frontlines on the current important struggles in Puerto Rico against the privitization of the phone company?

In struggle,

This will not help directly, but there is quite a bit of public trashing over electrical utility privatization in Australia and New Zealand. Several cities routinely run at 60% potential or crash entirely as a direct result of privatization, with rising rates, worse and worse service, etc. So, there maybe parallels to be found in the news and journalism sources there also.

Chuck Grimes

PS to the list. Sorry about the garbled post on Bill Gates. I wrote it in a hurry and pasted it directly into the mailer without re-reading it--just delete everything after the words 'technical jargon' towards the end.