Bill Gates in my living room

james withrow withrow21 at webtv.net
Fri Aug 7 21:28:16 PDT 1998

Recently, while the Justice Department was looking the other way, Microsoft bought out Web-TV, my e-mail provider. The most recent update to Web-TV changed the logo that comes on when you crank her up. It now says "Microsoft Web-TV." Lately, the service has been freezing up for no reason at all, which it had never done before.

Another change was that I get a personalized home page with sport scores, stock prices of any stock I choose, and little news flashes from MSNBC, that joint venture between Microsoft and NBC.

I was surprised tonight to find MSNBC flashing this headline: "Wall Street calms, creeps back." Geez, talk about biting the hand that feeds you! So, hoping that MSNBC would actually name names, I clicked on the report and it immediately became apparent that they were using "creeps" as a verb, not a noun.

James in Philly