Soft privatization

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Aug 12 14:51:44 PDT 1998

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Max rather quickly descends into nonsense, and rather brutal nonsense,
> when he strays far from technical economics. The Cato Institute (and all
> other libertarians that I have ever met) counts corporations as persons.

It doesn't matter much what Cato or Milton Friedman or anybody else thinks of corporations-as-people, it the law of the land. Long ago decided law, not likely to be reversed law. Yes, revolting law, but hardly Cato's fault, as the ground work for this state of affairs was laid several decades before Cato came into existence.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com