Efficiency

Juan Jose Barrios jota at erols.com
Wed Aug 12 14:51:11 PDT 1998

Mathew Forstater wrote:

> Bill wrote:
>

> By the way, although I admire Albert and Hahnel's work (I had their older
> books a long time ago and though I can't say I've really studied their
> newer stuff I respect their efforts and the general spirit) I was on a
> panel with Hahnel on environmental policy once and was surprised and struck
> at how neoclassical his paper was.

I have not read that paper. I promise I will. However, since Robin was my professor at AU, I have talked to him about this and I have also read "Quiet Revolution..", "Participatory...", "Looking Forward....", etc, etc. I am puzzled by your comment. Why do you say that??. When I read Quiet Revolution, I was sort of confused because they (Albert and Hahnel) use utilitiy functions, indiference curves, Pareto efficiency concepts, etc, etc, all of which are also used in neclassical economics. Aren't you confusion the instruments with the end objective ?

Juan